In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations, this notice is issued to Emerge Knowledge Connection Sdn Bhd’s valued customers and/or prospective customers. This Notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, which describes what kind of personal data we collect, how we collect the data and use of your personal data and your rights.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf for future dealings with Emerge Knowledge Connection Sdn Bhd, its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including all of its stakeholder(s), director (s), its employee (s), and/ or its permitted person(s) (collectively referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “company”. Your personal data enable us to achieve the purpose stated in Clause 3.
2. What Types of Personal Data Do We Collect
The personal data that you will provide may include but not limited to your name, age, identity card number or passport number, occupation, details of employer, nationality, gender, bank account details, date of birth, membership number registered with related professional bodies/ boards, correspondence address, contact information including e-mail address, mobile phone number, facsimile number and office number.
3. Purpose of Personal Data Collected
The collection and processing of personal data includes but not limited to the following purposes:
- Marketing of our products/services to you whether present or future.
- Marketing activities (for example, market research, statistical analysis, publicity).
- Entry into necessary agreements, contracts, memorandum, and/or arrangements to purchase the products or services from us.
- Collection of outstanding payments from our clients under the agreements.
- Delivery of notice, documents, forms, invoices and other documents under the agreements, contracts, Memorandum and/or arrangements.
- Engage in business transaction in respect of products and/or services to be offered and provided to you.
- Delivery of our main services and products or products whether present or future.
- Customer relationship management procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit.
- Client profiling activities in connection with our services and products.
- Communicating with you and delivery of information by e-mail, telecommunication means including telephone calls or text messages or social media about products and services offered by Class of Third Parties under clause 5 herein.
- Such other purposes provided for in our particular services or products offered by us.
- Internal record keeping.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/ or relevant regulatory authorities.
4. How do we Collect Your Personal Data?
The sources that we may obtain/collect your personal data includes but not limited to:-
- When you communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries)
- Registration forms that you have signed to register our programmes/purchase of our product
- Online enquiry forms
- Agreements you have signed
- Response to any marketing materials we sent out
- Visit or browse our websites
- Name cards or identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily
- Business directory (ies)/ government diaries
- Your organisation’s website
- Website of the related boards/ professional bodies/ agencies/ accreditation bodies that you have registered with
- Portal that you have subscribed/advertised
- Listing that you have subscribed to share your information, etc.
- When we obtain any data and information form authorized by third parties (eg. Regulatory and enforcement agencies, employers)
5. Class of Third Parties
Generally, your personal data with us will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorise us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
a. Associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company;
b. Our business partners, associates including online business affiliates, retailers, distributors, agents, merchant that provide, supply, distribute or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our business and in relation to our loyalty programmes and other programmes:
- Our auditors, engineers, quantity surveyors, land surveyors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate, including third party marketing companies or entities;
c. Any person to whom we are compelled to or required under the law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorised by law.
6. Your rights
Rights to Access and Correct your Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us and may request correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Please contact us in writing via the contact details provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal data within twenty one (21) days of receiving your request.
Rights to limit processing of your Personal Data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
7. Withdraw Your Consent
You have a choice to withdraw your consent given to process your personal data/receive marketing or promotional materials/communications. You may contact us using the contact details found below. Please be aware that once we have received confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent, it may take up to fourteen (14) working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/ communication during this period of time.
8. Your Obligations
You are responsible for informing us about changes to your personal data and for ensuring that such information is accurate and up-to-date. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf and for the purpose stated in clause 3 herein.
In the event that you may need to provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or where you are the designated person in charge from an organisation/ company dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/ or product that they will use, you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Notice from our website at www.emergekc.com.my.
9. Updates to our Personal Data Protection Notice
We may amend this notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
10. Our Contact Details
Should you have any inquiries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Notice, kindly contact us at :-
Department : PDP Officer
Contact No : +603- 8063 5430
Fax No : +603-8063 6626
Postal address : No 43-3, Jalan Puteri 2/3
11. Our Website